To bring these posts into synch, I’m updating days 4 & 5 and week 1 as a whole.
Days 4 & 5 of week 1 focus on Commitment and Patience; Preparing and Loosing.
‘At the end of this 40 day Soul Fast, God is going to send a new you out into a new place. Not just the same old you with a few add-ons. That would be like hot-gluing a pair of wings on a caterpillar!’
Prepare the ground by asking ‘the Spirit to reveal to you those things that need to go so you have room for what’s coming’.
Choose to commit to living authentically in order to experience ‘life at its most abundant, prosperous level’.
So far, this week I have identified the following:
- Lack of balance between my responsibilities within the home and building my platform online (including this blog)
- Lack of willingness to do what I know needs to be done
- Procrastination and lack of focus
- Certain time-wasting habits that need to go
- Counter-intuitively – the more time you spend in God’s presence, the more you get done those things that need to be done.
- The busier you are – the more time you need to spend with God!
‘But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].’ [Galatians 5:22,23 AMP – the Amplified Bible]